Volunteer at North Thurston Public Schools
We love our volunteers! Your time and talents are at the heart of our district!
During the 2018-19 school year, NTPS Volunteers contributed nearly 53,000 hours of their time to students! Thank you!All volunteer services are stopped for the duration of the closure. This includes helping hand out meal bags - we are fully staffed. Thank you for your willingness to help!APPLICATION STEPS
- Choose your application type below.
- Applications include a background check per RCW 28A.404.303
- Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- You will receive an automated welcome email once your application has been approved. (Watch your spam/junk folders)
- Once approved, your volunteer application is valid for 2 school years. All applications processed at this time will expire on 7/1/2021.
- Please review the Volunteer Handbook and Code of Conduct before volunteering for the first time.
- Create your volunteer profile at helpcounterweb.com/ci/volunteer. You can add/remove schools, update contact information, track and record hours, and see upcoming opportunities.
Contact Merry Sam, Volunteer Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Volunteers - Family & Community Members
Want to volunteer in your child's classroom or on a field trip? Don't have a student in the district, but still want to contribute to your neighborhood school?
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Complete the online application below.
Are you an NTPS student looking to fulfill your community volunteer hours for graduation? Giving back to your elementary or middle school is a great way to collect those hours! Students can also Earn a Varsity Letter in Community Service!Volunteering as part of a club? Please contact the Volunteer Liaison for the fastest application process.
- Complete the paper application below with signed approval from attending and volunteering school principals.
- Parent signature required if under 18 years old.
- Return to Volunteer Services via mail or email.
Do you need to complete your student teaching/practicum hours? Or would you like to observe at a NTPS school to decide if you would like to become a teacher? Need to complete an internship?
- Fill out paper application.
- Return to Alana Bradshaw in Human Resources via mail or email.
Volunteers in Action!
Thanks to all of the community organizations that came out to the volunteer fair at North Thurston High School this December to share their volunteer opportunities with students looking to get involved and fulfill service hours for graduation. See more pics from the volunteer fair >>
Star Volunteer John Wilson is staying connected to Timberline High School in a big way after retiring from 30 years of teaching math and coaching bowling at THS in 2016. John serves as a dedicated volunteer coach for the girls bowling team and as a weekly tutor in the after-school math lab. See more pics of John at the bowling alley >>
Some of our youngest student volunteers spread holiday cheer at Woodland Retirement Community this December! Members of the Horizons Elementary Junior Key Club, led by advisor and music teacher, Jane Stillman, joined Woodland residents for an hour of carols and cookies. See more pics from carols & cookies >>
Thank you to our PTAs and parent volunteers for organizing fun run fundraisers at 6 elementary schools this fall. Students had a blast running and dancing around their schools while volunteers cheered them on, kept them hydrated, and tied their shoes! More pics from the Fun Run >>