Welcome to Pleasant Glade Elementary!
Welcome to Pleasant Glade Elementary! We opened our doors in 1987 and have been helping to ensure all students master high academic and social standards! As we like to say to our Panthers: The road to opportunity begins at the Glade!
- Washington School of Distinction Award (2017)
- Pleasant Glade's State Report Card (OSPI Website)
- Meet our Partner in Education, 1st Security Bank
Unique Partnerships & Programs
We are honored to be hosting our district’s Early Learning, English Language Learning, and Emotionally/Behaviorally Challenged programs. We also have partnered with the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) in our ELC building.
After-school Club House (extended-day academic support) and family workshops.More programs we are proud of:
- The Panther Way PAWS Program
- Clubs including Mighty Milers, yearbook, and more!
- Student Leaders of Learning Monthly Academic Recognition
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Student Leadership Program
- South Sound Green Partners Recognition
Continuous Growth Goal:
- 70% of students in grades K-5 will score in the 50th percentile or higher on the Math Easy CBM by June 2023.
Sub Gap Goal:
- Students who are low income will score within 10 percentile points of students who are not low income at each grade level on the Math Easy CBM by June 2023.
Empowered Learners Goal:
- 40% of our K-1 students will be regular attenders (missing fewer than 10 days of the total school year) by June 2023.
Sub Gap Goal:
- We will decrease the gap between students of low-income families and students of non-low-income families who are regular attenders in K-1 by 10% in kindergarten and 5% in grade 1 by June 2023.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
Mission: Our mission at Pleasant Glade is to work with our community to ensure all students master high academic and social standards.
Our annual survey results help us plan for the future with a focus on our strengths and areas of improvement.
Pleasant Glade values the strong support of our families, alumni, and community. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, participating in events and field trips, helping in the classroom, and more.
Total Budget for 2021-22: $9,869,739
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: $16,147.60
Pleasant Glade Elementary was built in 1987 on 13.3 acres. It is located at 1920 Abernethy Road NE. In 2001, the interior was partially repainted and recarpeted. The 46,785 square foot building, including 32 instructional spaces, plus 12 portable classrooms serve Kindergarten through fifth grade. This school underwent a schoolwide building modernization from 2018-2020 using 2014 bond dollars.