Welcome to Pleasant Glade Elementary!
Welcome to Pleasant Glade Elementary! We opened our doors in 1987 and have been helping to ensure all students master high academic and social standards! As we like to say to our Panthers: The road to opportunity begins at the Glade!
Unique Partnerships & Programs
We are honored to be hosting our district’s Early Learning, English Language Learning, and Emotionally/Behaviorally Challenged programs. We also have partnered with the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) in our ELC building.
After-school Club House (extended-day academic support) and family workshops.More programs we are proud of:
- The Panther Way PAWS Program
- Clubs including Mighty Milers, yearbook, and more!
- Student Leaders of Learning Monthly Academic Recognition
- Fourth and Fifth Grade Student Leadership Program
- South Sound Green Partners Recognition
Academic Gap Goals:
- 60% of students in grades 3-5 receiving Title I math services will score level 2 or better on the Math SBA by the spring of 2023, increasing from 30% in the spring of 2022.
- The current gap between students identified as low-income and non-low-income who are regular attenders will decrease by 50% at each grade level.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated fall 2023
Mission: Our mission at Pleasant Glade is to work with our community to ensure all students master high academic and social standards.
Pleasant Glade Elementary was built in 1987 on 13.3 acres. It is located at 1920 Abernethy Road NE. In 2001, the interior was partially repainted and recarpeted. The 46,785 square foot building, including 32 instructional spaces, plus 12 portable classrooms serve Kindergarten through fifth grade. This school underwent a schoolwide building modernization from 2018-2020 using 2014 bond dollars.