I graduated from Central Washington University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Early Childhood Education. I received my master’s degree in Literacy from Lesley University and also have earned an endorsement in Special Education. I started my teaching career as a developmental preschool teacher at Olympic View Elementary and spent the next seven years there, then moved to Meadows Elementary to teach preschool for one year. I am truly looking forward to another great year in first grade at Mountain View!
- 8:35 - Entry Bell
- 8:40-9:00 - Morning Work
- 9:00-9:10 - Morning Meeting
- 9:10-9:45 - Whole Group Reading
- 9:45-10:15 -Walk to Read
- 10:20-11:00 - Specialist (Art/Music/PE/Social Skills/Library)
- 11:00-12:00 Writing/Science
- 12:00-12:30 - Lunch
- 12:30-12:30 - Recess
- 1:00-2:10 - Math
- 2:10-2:25 - Handwriting
- 2:25 - 2:40 - Recess
- 2:40-3:05 - Pack Up
- 3:10 - Dismissal
- National Geographic Kids: Wow! This site is full of wonderful information and activities on animals, science, and geography.
- Reading Rockets: This is a terrific reading resource for families.
- Scholastic Bookflix: This is a free site that combines video storybooks with non-fiction e-books. A safe site that promotes literacy!
- Timberland Library: Learn all about our local library, reserve and renew books, and learn about upcoming events like storytime.
- Scholastic Books: Place book orders, shop for books and literacy-related items.
- Hands On Childrens' Museum: This is a fun place to visit in person and a fun site to find educational things to do with your child.