Welcome to Olympic View Elementary School!
Welcome to Olympic View Elementary! We opened our doors in 1969 and work hard to create a positive, challenging, and fun learning environment for our Eagles. We believe all children should be recognized for their unique strengths and gifts as we teach all children the skills they need to realize their potential. Everyone here makes a difference!
What makes Olympic View unique?
- Self-Manager Program
- Family Fun Nights
- Math Nights
- Curriculum Night
- Chess Club
- Garden Club
- Dance Club
- Track Club
- Student Leadership
- Watch D.O.G. program
- Student Safety Patrol
- Positive Behavior Support Program (P.B.I.S.)
- Social Skills Classes
- Military Support Groups
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with TAGS Awards & Specialties, Backdoor Bakery, and Paramount Martial Arts
Academic Gap Goal:
- We will close the SBA math achievement gap that exists between our school average score, and both our students who identify as Hispanic, and those who identify as Two or More Races.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- In 2018-19, 4% of our school student population identified as black, yet our black population represented 8% of our students with 2 or more office referrals. 17% of our school population identified as two or more faces, yet that same population represented 25% of our students with 2 or more referrals. We will close the gap between the number of office referrals for students who identify as black, or identify as two or more races, relative to those groups' representation of our school population.
Teachers are a crucial conduit to learning, but parents are the first teachers. Olympic View is your school, and your active partnership is desired. It takes a village to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s challenges and parents play a vital role. Please consider volunteering whether it be classroom support, PTA events or through our W.A.T.C.H. Dog program, which aims to increase involvement of father figures in our school. To volunteer, call our school at (360) 412-4660 or fill out an online application.
Mission: We are a diverse, inspiring and compassionate school community building a strong foundation to prepare all students to become lifelong learners and successful citizens.
- All children should be recognized for their unique strengths and gifts.
- We teach all children the skills they need to realize their potential.
- Those who are cared for will learn to care about others. We care.
- Everyone makes a difference. Let’s make it positive!
The Eagle Way
The Eagle Way
- SAFETY - We keep our school safe & orderly.
- RESPECT - We treat others with respect.
- RESPONSIBILITY - We take responsibility for our actions.
- COOPERATION - We cooperate with a positive attitude.
Olympic View Building History
Olympic View Elementary was built in 1969 on 9.8 acres. It is located at 1330 Horne Avenue NE. In 1998, a modernization was completed, utilizing bond and state funds. The covered play renovation and addition was completed in 2010. The 26-classroom, 40,933 square foot building, and 15 portable classrooms serve kindergarten through fifth grade.