Welcome to Mountain View Elementary!
Mountain View Elementary opened its doors in 1956. We are a caring community and pride ourselves on creating a supportive learning environment. Welcome to Mountain Lion Country!We encourage the capabilities and emphasize the worth of all students at our school in an environment marked by high expectations, academic achievement, and life skills. We encourage and welcome you to be actively involved in your child's education.
What makes us unique at Mountain View
For 54 years Mountain View Elementary has educated generations of Lacey residents. Students who attended our school have returned as teachers, parents and grandparents! This continuity and tradition complements the high expectations we have for our students.
Some of our programs include:
- Deaf Education
- School-Wide Title I program
- Self-Manager program
- Science Fair
- Talent Show
- 5th grade girls and boys basketball
- Cub Cards!
- Marimba Band
- WATCH D.O.G.S.
- School Garden / SNAP Ed
- Curriculum Nights
- Dads & Donuts & Moms & Muffins
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with Grace Community Church & CrossFit Lacey Training Day
- PTA Family Activities
- Early Learning Center
- Cub Leaders
- 5th Grade Community Service Club and other clubs such as Mural Club, After School Club
Academic Gap Goal:
- By June 2020, we will close the achievement gap between students who are White/Asian and Students of Color meeting proficiency on the English Language Arts (ELA) Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) to a maximum gap of 5%.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- By June 2020, we will close our office referral gap between students who live with poverty and those who do not, to a maximum gap of 5%.
Mountain View is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of parent and community volunteers each year. People enjoy being here! We are hoping you will join us as a member of our parent/community team. There are endless opportunities to get involved and touch the lives of our wonderful students. It is so heartwarming to watch students’ smile when they see a supportive adult volunteer come into the building. Our volunteers love spending time helping fulfill a child’s sense of curiosity and wonder as they learn new things. It truly is magical to watch our students’ eyes light up and hear them say, “I get it!” Mountain View is a special place filled with opportunities to make a positive impact on children and the community. Come see for yourself! Visit our volunteer page and fill out an application today!
Mountain View's mission is to assure that all students are provided with the skills, attitudes and learning necessary to become contributing members of our diverse and changing society. Our belief is that the best learning takes place in a safe, comfortable, supportive and challenging environment. Additionally, we know that a good education is a lifelong, developmental, and active process. It takes all of us working together to accomplish this mission for each and every child.
Traits & Pledge
Mountain Lion Traits
- be caring
- be safe
- be responsible
Mountain Lion Pledge
- I will care for myself and others
- I will be safe with myself and others.
- I will be a responsible citizen.
- I will always do my best.
Mountain View Building History
Mountain View Elementary was built in 1956 on 13.8 acres. It is located at 1900 College Street SE in Lacey. In 2000, a major modernization was completed, utilizing bond and state assistance funds. The project included the modernization of the building and site and street frontage improvements In 2010, a major upgrade and reconfiguration of the portable classroom buildings was completed. The 49,944 square foot building, including 29 instructional spaces, plus 15 portable classrooms serve kindergarten through fifth grade. An 8-plex preschool center was added in 2015.