Welcome to the Counselor's Office at Meadows!
School Counselor, M.Ed
*Counseling services update*
COVID-19 April 2020
Greetings Meadows Students and Families,
With schools closed for in building learning for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year I wanted you to know that I am still here to support your child/ren and family during this time. You are welcome to contact me via email or by phone. I am checking voicemails and can call you or your child back shortly after I get a voicemail. I have office hours M-F from 1-3 pm where I am available to talk over the phone.
Here are some other ways I can also provide support:
- Counseling over phone or e-mail
- Family resources including parenting, family team planning, community resources
- Community therapists that are providing virtual appointments
- Assistance through the North Thurston Education Foundation and the Family Youth Resource Center
Below are some resources you may find helpful:
NTPS Matrix of local services: Family Support
Food services is distributing breakfast and lunch together from 11:30-12:30pm daily. If you have circumstances that do not allow you to be able to come to school to pick up food, please let me know and special arrangements may be made.
Our weekend foodbags from the Thurston County Foodbank are also distributed each Friday during lunch pick up. If you are experiencing a food shortage, please email me for additional resources.
The Family and Youth Resource (FYR) Center is giving out hygiene, school, and other supplies on Tuesdays 9-11 am and Thursdays 1-3 pm Laundry facilities are available onsite: https://www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/Page/23968
If you have specific needs that the FYR center is unable to provide (gas to access lunch pick up, rent, utilities, childcare), please email me to discuss some options.
If your student is struggling emotionally or mentally at this time please see the Mental Health link for guidance on how to talk to your child concerning the current health crisis and tools/strategies you can utilize to get through this.
If further assistance is needed regarding mental health please call me or email me and we can do some counseling over the phone. I can then assess if your child needs to be contacted by our mental health specialist, Shannon Reed or if outside resources are needed. You are not alone during this time, we are trained and here to help.
This is another great resource that is free from our Social Emotional Curriculum-Second Step
It is normal to feel anxious, sad, worried, or uncertain about our current situation. Please know that even though we are not together face to face at this time, there are still several ways we can stay connected with our current technology.
I am thinking about all of you and can’t wait until we can be together at Meadows again. We will get through this together!
Hugs and Warm Thoughts,
(360) 412-4691I hold a Master's Degree in Education and Counseling, and a Washington ESA certificate in School Counseling from St. Martin's University. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Central Washington University majoring in Sociology and double minoring in Psychology and Family Studies. Before working in counseling, I worked for several years in Early Childhood Learning and the English Language Learning Department in a neighboring school district. I am passionate about helping children and families thrive. I look forward to working with you!