Welcome to Meadows Elementary!
Welcome to Meadows Elementary! We opened our doors in 1986, and serve Preschool through 5th grade in Lacey, WA. We are a Kids at Hope school! We focus on our mission every day at Meadows, by believing all children are capable of success... no exceptions!
Kids at Hope Pledge
Each morning, Meadows students recite the Kids at Hope Pledge. See what people saying about it.I am a Kid at Hope.I am talented, smart, and capable of success.I have dreams for the future and will climb to reach those goals and dreams every day.All Children are Capable of Success.NO EXCEPTIONS!!
What makes Meadows unique?
- Meadows Elementary is a “Kids at Hope” school. This cultural framework is asset-based and helps our students learn about the many ways they can be a success in life!
- Military Family Support Program
- Might Mustang Leadership Club — 4th & 5th Graders
- Monday Milers
- Safety Patrol
- Family Math and Literacy Nights
- STEM Nights and a STEM Club
- Chess Club
- Saint Martin’s University Partnership tutoring/practicum
- Track Team
- School Garden, nutritional education and partnership with Thurston County Food Bank
- Fifth Grade Basketball: “March Madness”
- Mustang Roundup Assembly/PBIS Assemblies
- Bucket Fillers common language
- Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students)
- Tunnel of Hope
- United Way of Thurston County Reading Buddy Program
- NTPS High School Mentors
- Check Connect & Expect- staff and student connection
- PBIS Recipe for Positive Parenting classes
Academic Gap Goal:
- From winter 2020 to spring 2021, the average opportunity gap between our white and black students in grades 1-5 performing in the low risk category on the Easy CBM math assessment will decrease by 15 percentage points from 44% to 29% opportunity gap.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- From September 2020 to June 2021, the attendance gap between students of color and white students in grades K-5 who miss 1 or more days per month will decrease from 46% to 30%.
Mission: We believe all children are capable of success... no exceptions!
We expect our students to follow the Mustang Motto: be safe, respectful, responsible & peaceful!
Meadows Building History
Meadows Elementary was built in 1986 on 11 acres. It is located at 836 Deerbrush Drive SE in Lacey. In 1996, the entire school was reroofed. In 2000, partial upgrades were made to the heating system. The 46, 744 square building including 33 instructional spaces plus 9 portable classrooms and the new 8 plex serves preschool through fifth grade. This school is currently eligible for a