Welcome to Meadows Elementary!
Welcome to Meadows Elementary! We opened our doors in 1986, and serve Preschool through 5th grade in Lacey, WA. We are a Kids at Hope school! We focus on our mission every day at Meadows, by believing all children are capable of success... no exceptions!
What makes Meadows unique?
- Meadows Elementary is a "Kids at Hope" school. This cultural framework is asset-based and helps our students learn about the many ways they can be a success in life!
- Military Family Support Program
- Might Mustang Leadership Club - 4th & 5th Graders
- Monday Milers
- Safety Patrol
- Family Math and Literacy Nights
- STEM Nights and a STEM Club
- Chess Club
- Saint Martin’s University Partnership tutoring/practicum
- Track Team
- School Garden, nutritional education and partnership with Thurston County Food Bank
- Fifth Grade Basketball: “March Madness”
- Mustang Roundup Assembly/PBIS Assemblies
- Bucket Fillers common language
- Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students)
- Tunnel of Hope
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with Washington GET and Mortgage One Northwest
- United Way of Thurston County Reading Buddy Program
- Community Mentoring Program
- NTPS High School Mentors
- Check Connect & Expect- staff and student connection
- TOGETHER! Clubhouse after-school program
- PBIS Recipe for Positive Parenting classes
Kids at Hope Pledge
Each morning, Meadows students recite the Kids at Hope Pledge. See what people saying about it.I am a Kid at Hope.I am talented, smart, and capable of success.I have dreams for the future and will climb to reach those goals and dreams every day.All Children are Capable of Success.NO EXCEPTIONS!!
Academic Gap Goal:
- The average percentage of special education students in grades 1-5 performing in the some- or high-risk level will decrease by at least 10% from fall to spring as measured by the EasyCBM.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- From June 2019 to June 2020, the number of major Office Discipline Referrals (ODRs) on the playground from our male students will decrease by at least 50% from 446 to 223 or less. In 2018-19, our male students made up 93% of our major ODRs from the playground.
We are honored and excited to have HHC JBLM Replacement join our Meadows community. Each Monday, several soldiers join our students and staff for Monday Milers. We encourage good fitness through walking and running. Our friends from JBLM have organized and run obstacle courses for our students encouraging teamwork and a positive attitude. Meadows is proud to say we have the largest community mentoring program in the district! New to Meadows this year is the military student Mentoring Program. Our mentors meet with various students weekly during lunchtime building positive relationships fostering academic and social success. We are thankful to have such a strong community connection. To volunteer at Meadows, call our office at (360) 412-4690 or fill out an application online.
Mission: We believe all children are capable of success... no exceptions!
We expect our students to follow the Mustang Motto: be safe, respectful, responsible & peaceful!
Meadows Building History
Meadows Elementary was built in 1986 on 11 acres. It is located at 836 Deerbrush Drive SE in Lacey. In 1996, the entire school was reroofed. In 2000, partial upgrades were made to the heating system. The 46, 744 square building including 33 instructional spaces plus 9 portable classrooms and the new 8 plex serves preschool through fifth grade. This school is currently eligible for a