We love our volunteers! Your time and talents are at the heart of our district!
During the 2015-16 school year, NTPS Volunteers contributed 60,000 hours of their time to our students! Thank you!
Types of Volunteers
: The vast majority of our volunteers are parents of students in the district wanting to help out in their child's classroom, at their school's office, or on field trip. Are you a parent? Fill out an application! Applications are good for two (2) years.
: Thurston county businesses love NTPS and their employees love giving time to our schools. Are you a community member that wants to contribute to your neighborhood school? Fill out an application! Applications are good for two (2) years.
: If you are interested in being a 1:1 mentor to a child, please contact Rand Hodgson, email@example.com
. It only requires 1 lunch hour a week and includes support and training! Applications are good for two (2) years.
Student Volunteers: High School students are required to have volunteer hours in order to graduate. Volunteering in our district is a great way to give back to your elementary school or neighborhood. Fill out an application! Applications are good for one (1) year.
: In order to volunteer your time to helping out with NTPS athletics, you must contact that sport's coach and fill out a paper application
with complete signatures. Download a form
. Applications are good for one (1) year.
Volunteer Application Process
*(parents, community members, and students only; coaches
must fill out a paper application
- Please fill out all information accurately and completely including birth/maiden name where applicable.
- Please allow up to two weeks to process your application. Applications are processed in the order they are received.
- As part of the application process, NTPS will request a national criminal history check providing details of any past or current criminal or civil offenses. This screening tool helps protect our students and maintain a safe school environment.
- Please answer the questions in this section of the application truthfully. If you answer yes to any of the questions, you will be requested to provide additional details regarding the offense. Applications will not be processed without this information.
- All information will be kept in strict confidence.
- If any questions arise regarding the application, NTPS staff will contact the applicant.
- Upon approval the Applicant will be notified by email and asked to read our orientation materials.
- The first time you volunteer at a school after your application has been processed you will be asked to sign in electronically to track your hours, and verify you read the orientation.
- You will receive an email 30 days before your application expires reminding you to reapply. Please do not reapply before that to save time and money.