What makes us unique at Lakes
- Lakes is the host school for the NTPS Social, Communication, and Learning Support (SCALS) program, grades K-5
- Lakes is the host school for the NTPS Talented and Gifted (TAG) Program, grades 3, 4 and 5
- Leopard Coaches – older students mentoring younger students and serving as a buddy
- School Science Fair for 3rd grade and the TAG program
- Musical concerts – Band, Orchestra and Choir
- Social Communication and Learning Support Program
- Family Event Nights
- Multicultural Fair
- Food to Flowers
- After school choir
- Student Council
Academic Gap Goal:
- Decrease the gap between the number of students in grades K-5, indicating Low Risk who are white and students who are two or more races in Reading Skills (PS & PRF) as indicated on the EasyCBM Benchmark Assessments from 13.5% in September 2019 to 8.5% in May 2021.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- Eliminate the gap between students who are white and students who are two or more races in the chronic attendance category, from 8% in April 2020 to 0% by April 2021. This will be done by decreasing the percentage of K-5 students, who are 2 or more races, in the chronic attendance category, from 21% in April 2020 to 10% by April 2021. The percentage of K-5 students who are white, in the chronic attendance category, will decrease from 13% to 10% by April 2021.
Mission: At Lakes, the work we do is grounded in core beliefs that guide our efforts. We are committed to do our best in helping each child reach his or her highest potential. We believe that students are building their futures’ everyday they walk through our doors.
- School will be an emotionally and physically safe place
- All children and adults at Lakes will be treated with respect and dignity
- Community and family involvement enhance and improve the educational process
- All students can learn and should have an equal and an equitable opportunity to do so
- Everyone should be self-motivated and responsible for their own learning
- We will provide experiences that will enable students to become responsible citizens
- Learning should be relevant and related to life experience.
Lakes Building History
Lakes Elementary was built in 1964 on 15.7 acres. It is located at 6211 Mullen Road SE in Lacey. The gymnasium was built in 1990 and in 1995, the HVAC system was upgraded and air quality improvements were made. In 2000, a major modernization (not including the gym) was completed utilizing bond and matching state assistance funds. The project included conversion of the existing play shed into a central kitchen and food services offices, as well as the addition of a new play shed attached to the gym. The parking lots and stormwater management system were also redesigned and reconstructed. The 47,005 square foot building and gym including 31 instructional spaces, plus 12 portable classrooms serve kindergarten through sixth grade.