Letter from Our Counselor
Hello, Lacey families and students!
I am so glad you are at Lacey Elementary. I am so excited about getting to be your School Counselor again this year. A little about me: I completed my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education at Cameron University in 2001. After completing my degree, I began teaching. After a few years of teaching, I decided to go back to school, where I earned a Master of Education degree in Elementary School Counseling in 2010 from East Central University. I have taught for 16 years in an elementary and middle school setting, been a Special Education teacher for a year, and been a School Counselor for two years. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with our students, families, and teachers to help open doors and increase opportunities for our students academically and socially-emotionally, and to begin helping students explore their interests with an eye toward future careers. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have!
Carol D. Sivils
Love and Logic Resources
Parents, want some suggestions for reading? Look for these "Love and Logic" titles at your favorite bookstore or library!
- Helicopters, Drill Sergeants, and Consultants: Parenting Styles and the Messages They Send by Jim Fay
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- Love and Logic Magic When Kids leave you Speechless by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- Parenting Doesn't have to Be Rocket Science: Teach Kids Good Choices by Foster W. Cline, MD
- Winning the Homework Battle: Helping Children Discover and Celebrate Their Strengths by Jim Fay and Foster W. Cline, MD
- Four Steps to Responsibility: Techniques to Lead Children to Responsible Decision Making by Jim Fay
- Meeting the Challenge: Using Love and Logic to Help Children Develop Attention and Behavior Skills by Jim Fay, Foster W. Cline, and Bob Sornson
- The Pearls of Love and Logic for Parents and Teachers by Jim Fay and Foster KW. Cline, MD