Welcome to Lacey Elementary - The Round School!
Lacey Elementary, known as the "round school", serves grades K-5 in Lacey, Washington. We opened in 1968 but have a long history as we were originally the first one-room schoolhouse located just down the street! We believe in a principles-based system that values life-long learning and citizenship. The Husky Pups welcome you!
- 2008 School of Distinction
- 2009 Great School
- 2013 Washington Achievement Award Winner
- 2014-15 High Progress Achievement Award
- 2016 KCTS-9 Pathways to Excellence Elementary State Award
What makes us unique at Lacey
- School-Wide Title I program
- Student clubs
- Monthly Recognition
- Lacey is a “Caring School Community” school.
- Book Character Parade
- Social Emotional Learning
Continuous Growth Goal:
- Students in grades K-5 will improve Fall 2022 to Spring 2023 Reading Risk from 71.2% to 76.2% of students on average meeting standard per easyCBM overall Reading Risk.
Empowered Learners Goal:
- To increase Full DESSA ratings for all students K-5 who rate out as at risk (40 and below T-score) to increase the typical category scores from 16.5% to 25% on average in the areas of Goal-Directed Behavior and Personal Responsibility from Fall 2022 to Spring 2023.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
Vision: At Lacey, we partner with students, families, and the community to develop capable, compassionate, and culturally-competent lifelong learners.
Learn what our community sees as Lacey´s greatest strengths and challenges as we plan for the future.
Lacey values the strong support of our families, alumni, and community. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, participating in events and field trips, helping in the classroom, and more.
Total Budget for 2020-21: $9,080,220.72
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: $22,239.09
Lacey Building History
Lacey Elementary, known as the “round school,” is situated on 10.4 acres in the center of the community it serves. Named after O.C. de Lacey, a realtor and attorney at the turn of the 20th century, the school was originally located where the Carpenter Road Safeway store stands today. In 1968, the new Lacey Elementary was built at its current location, 1800 Homann Road SE, two years after Lacey was incorporated as a city. The gymnasium was built in 1980. During a 2002-03 modernization, all building and site components were completely upgraded. The play shed was converted to a kitchen/art/music facility. A new play shed was built, parking lots, drives, and stormwater management and treatment were totally redesigned and reconstructed. The site was re-landscaped and irrigation was added. The 46,305 square foot buildings, including 27 instructional spaces, plus 10 portable classrooms serves Kindergarten through fifth grade.