Welcome to my page! Teaching is my passion and I am excited to work with you and your student. I obtained my BA in Education with endorsements in Special Education K-12 and Elementary Education from Central Washington University and my Masters in Literacy from Lesley University. I have been teaching since 2002 and I have been lucky to have been teaching at Horizons Elementary since the fall of 2002. I also have experience teaching Special Education at the high school level during the spring of 2002.
Here are a few fun, personal tidbits about me.
- Hometown: None, I'm a military brat. I was lucky enough to travel the globe.
- Siblings: 1 older brother, Josh
- Family: Husband and two kids. My kids are in elementary school and they keep me very busy.
- Pets: Two dogs, Mason and Brandi. They love to play together, chase rabbits in our yard, and eat fresh blueberries right off our bushes.
- Favorite Colors: Blue and Green
- Favorite Food: Chocolate! Yum!
- Favorite Hobby: I love to craft when I get a few free minutes.
We are starting a new school year in a whole new way through remote learning. My goals will be to engage students and challenge them at their individual levels. As a class, we will be working on developing a sense of classroom community, even remotely. Positive social relationships are key to staying connected in a typical school year and even more so now. We can do hard things! Here's to a great year.
Our Class Schedule
8:10-8:45 Morning Meeting - Live Session #1
8:45-9:00 Wiggle break
9:00-9:30 Math or ELA class lesson - Live Session # 2
9:30-10:00 Small Group 1 or independent work
10:00-10:15 Wiggle break
10:15-10:45 Imagine Math or Independent Reading
10:45-11:15 ELA or Math class lesson (Tuesday & Wednesdays) Live Session # 3 or Small Group # 2 (M/Th/F) or independent work
11:15-11:30 Small Group #3
11:30-12:30 Lunch & Recess
12:30-1:30 Student & Family Support (Office Hours) - I am available to jump online to support students and families
1:30-2:40 Independent work time
2:00-2:30 Specialists on Tuesdays and Thursdays