Welcome to my page! Teaching is my passion and I am excited to work with you and your student. I obtained my BA in Education with endorsements in Special Education K-12 and Elementary Education from Central Washington University and my Masters in Literacy from Lesley University. I have been teaching since 2002 and I have been lucky to have been teaching at Horizons Elementary since the fall of 2002. I also have experience teaching Special Education at the high school level during the spring of 2002.
Here are a few fun, personal tidbits about me.
- Hometown: None, I'm a military brat. I was lucky enough to travel the globe.
- Siblings: 1 older brother, Josh
- Family: Husband and two kids. My kids are in elementary school and they keep me very busy.
- Pets: One mutt, Mason. He loves to run and chase rabbits in our yard. If he could live near a lake he would be in heaven.
- Favorite Colors: Blue and Green
- Favorite Food: Chocolate! Yum!
- Favorite Hobby: I love to craft when I get a few free minutes.
Classroom Materials Requests
As a resource special education classroom we don't send home a classroom materials shopping list, but we are a separte class and we sometimes need extra items to help us eb successful. Please don't feel like you need to send in anything, but we are always grateful for your generosity.
- Tissue, i.e. Kleenex (We end up begging other classrooms for extras or buying our own supply. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!)
- Pink erasers
- Composition notebooks
- Snacks for state testing in May - We need to munch. Thank you!