2021-22 School Year
- Download the 2021-22 Budget (PDF)
- Download the 2021-22 Budget Presentation (PDF) given to the School Board
- Download the 2021-22 4-Year Forecast Report (PDF)
The NTPS budget is prepared in accordance with the laws and legal requirements of the school district board, Washington state and the federal government. The budget is a document that reflects our values and directs limited resources to achieve the goals described in our strategic plan. Check back here for budget updates. Email your budget questions to email@example.com
Budget Process Timeline
January / February
- Enrollment Projections - how many students are enrolled at NTPS?
- Legislative Session begins - we watch this closely as they make decisions that affect our funding.
March / April
- Analyze Certified staffing with principals & directors - teacher staffing needs
- Analyze Classified staffing with principals & directors - other staffing needs
- Analyze Department budgets - initial projected budget amounts given to departments
May / June
- Once all departments and schools communicate staffing needs, we send this total personnel budget to Human Resources.
- All departments and schools send us their final budgets based upon amounts given in March/April.
- Finalize fee schedule (lunches and other fees) and send schedule to Board.
July / August
- Budgets from all departments and schools, including staffing, are compiled and sent as a draft to the Board.
- The Board reviews the draft, and a presentation of the draft budget is held in July.
- In August, the Board holds a public hearing and adoption of the budget.
September / December
- Current year budget monitoring through monthly reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Current year budget monitoring by principals and directors.