Monday-Thursday: Noon - 3p.m.
Friday: 8:00a.m. - 2:30p.m. (By Reservation Only)
How do we ensure that THS students are "effective users and producers of ideas and information"?
We provide information and technology literacy instruction:
- Provide information literacy instruction including evaluation and analysis of the credibility, relevance and currency of information
- Coach instructional staff in support of curriculum, information technology and information management
- Teach students to be critical consumers and producers of information
- Teach students and staff to use emerging learning technologies for school and lifelong learning
- Teach students to be safe, ethical and responsible digital citizens
We provide reading advocacy support and services:
- Establish and model a powerful, fashionable and ubiquitous culture of reading in the school community
- Motivate and guide students to read for enjoyment and understanding
- Develop a relevant collection of fiction and non-fiction in a variety of formats, ensuring quality reading choices for all students
- Manage resources in support of established curriculum and student passions
We provide information and resource management services:
- Provide open and equitable access to resources, technology and information services for the entire school community
- Develop and administer inviting and effective physical and digital library environments
- Manage resources to support teaching and learning
- Administer information management systems to support student learning and school and district programs
- Remember: the library is a place to work quietly or read.
- Bring a pass from your teacher when you come to the library.
- Bring a picture ID in order to check out a laptop.
- Leave food and drink, (other than water bottles), on the counter as you enter the library.
- Return library and textbooks when they are due.