We will be working on picking out "just right" books. Students should be able to explain to their parents what that means.Weekly assignment: Read 20-30 minutes a night and fill out your reading log. You can find the reading log on the front of the weekly newsletter. Students should be completing a book every 1-2 weeks.
Our new reading curriculum is amazing. Reach For Reading was created in conjunction with National Geographic. The curriculum contains a focus on fiction and non-fiction with comprehension and vocabulary skills. Reach For Reading has integrated science and social studies, too.
Starting in January, our homework will include a book report or summary every two weeks.
- January 12:Summarizing Fiction: Somebody wanted something but then so: (SWSBTS) (PDF)
- January 26: Download a Book Review Template 2 (PDF)
- Feburary 16: Download a Non-fiction book report (PDF)
- March 2: Download a Book Report Form (PDF)
- March 16: Download shoe box report (PDF)
- March 30: Oral report on Westward Expansion Writing