NTPS Bus Drivers Needed!
NTPS is looking for substitue and full-time bus drivers. Driving a school bus is a serious by rewarding profession. Apply today and begin your new adventure!
There are perks
- Free training
- Being home when the children are off for holidays and school vacations
- Work mornings, afternoons, or all day
- New equipment
- Buses have automatic transmissions
- Benefits & great pay
- $21.64 / Hour for Driver Substitute
- $24.05 / Hour for Transportation Specialist (Permanent Driver)
Hours of Work
- Drivers generally work 191 days a year with summers off
- Routes run from 5:30am to 9:30am and 1:30pm to 5:30pm on average school days
- School days are Monday through Friday
- These are split shifts depending on school pick-up and release times
- Drivers can get additional hours with extra trips (field trips, athletic events, and chartered services)
Requirements for Drivers
- A valid Washington State driver's License, Class B, School Bus, Passenger, and Air Brake endorsement (free training provided)
- 3 years driving or 1 year commercial driving experience
- possess a safe driving record (demonstrated on 5-year driving abstracts)
- passed pre-employment drug test
- passed CDL physical
- passed FBI background check
- high school diploma or GED preferred
- at least 21 years of age
- experience working with culturally diverse populations
- complete a North Thurston Public Schools job application
Interested?Complete the online application, and return the additional required employment forms to our Human Resources Department. If you have questions about applying, how to apply online, or the forms you need please contact NTPS Human Resources Department at 360-412-4554. If you have questions for our Driver Trainers you can contact them 360-412-4536.
North Thurston Public Schools has a progressive School Bus Driver training program. Our instructors are certified by both the Department of Licensing and OSPI.
Applicants accepted into the program get up to 8 weeks of intensive training at no cost to the trainee. Applicants are responsible for all their DOL permits and license fees as well as fingerprinting costs. At the conclusion training, drivers will be ready to test for their CDL Class B, School Bus, Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements.
NTPS covers the cost of First Aid Training, DOL Medical Exams, and pre-employment drug testing.