Update 4/15/2020: See the courtesy notice regarding Certifications expiring June 30, 2020 (extension and information) (PDF)
Renewing Your CertificateWashington State certificates are renewed through the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI). Your renewal paperwork must be postmarked or submitted online by the expiration date listed on your certificate. OSPI will send your new or renewed certificate directly to you; you are responsible for providing a copy to the Human Resources department.OSPI receives thousands of applications a year and does become backlogged during the summer months. To ensure enough time for processing, it is advisable to submit your application for renewal as soon as you have completed all the requirements. You must have a copy of a valid Washington State certificate on file with the HR department to be able to report for work. Some renewal applications require a verification of experience form to be signed by a district representative; please send to Human Resources. The form will be returned to you when completed.
Steps for submitting your application to OSPI
- Choose the appropriate link below to access OSPI’s website.
- Select the certificate that you CURRENTLY hold from the list.
- Read through the Requirements to ensure you have selected the correct renewal page.
- If you are applying for your initial Washington State Certification, Renewing your current Certification, or adding endorsements to your current certification, log in or create an account in the EDS system and complete the online Application.
- After you receive your certificate, please provide your Human Resources office with a copy.
The following links will assist you in finding the appropriate paperworkOSPI Contact InformationIf you have any questions or need assistance, email Courtney Crouch.