Wellness Policy & Resources
Wellness Policy and Committee
- A revised version of the wellness policy was adopted by the Board of Directors on June 20, 2017, to comply with the final rule issued by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The new policy, developed by a district-wide wellness committee, emphasizes access to nutritious foods, health and physical education, and opportunities for physical activity.
- Parents and community members are invited to join the wellness committee and/or offer input. If you are interested in joining the committee and learning about the regulations that govern school nutrition programs, please contact Food & Nutrition Services at 360-412-4446.
- Current Policy: 6700 - Nutrition, Health, and Physical Fitness (PDF)
- Current Procedure: 6700P - Nutrition, Health, and Physical Fitness (PDF)
Assessment of Wellness Policy
Smart Snacks Calculator
- Take the guesswork out of nutrition guidelines with the new Alliance Product Calculator for Smart Snacks. Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and determine whether your beverage, snack, side or entrée item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in School Guidelines. Launch the product calculator.
Other Nutrition & Wellness Links