Free & Reduced Price Information
The applications for 2021-2022 school year will be available in late August.
As participants in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), free and reduced price meals are available to qualifying students.
- Families who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch may also choose Fee Reduction. Please fill out the extra consent form under ONLINE forms (available in August) in Skyward to elect for fee reduction once your Free & Reduced application has been processed. See instructions on filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
- Families who qualify for free & reduced price lunch may also qualify for Emergency Broadband Benefits for internet access. Learn more about EBB here >>
Apply Online Through Family Access
Login to your Skyward Family Access account and follow these steps:PLEASE NOTE: The new online application for 2021-2022 will be available in Skyward in late August, 2021.
You will receive an email once your application has been processed and your eligibility will be updated in Family Access.
- Click "Food Service" on the left-hand side menu.
- Along the top of the page, click the drop-down box next to "All Students" and select a student from your household - you will only need to fill out one application for your household.
- Click the "Applications" link located along the top of this new page.
- Click the "Add Application" link.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit an application.
- IMPORTANT: When entering your electronic signature, be sure that it matches exactly the name you entered in Section 3. For example, if you enter your name with a middle initial you must include that middle initial in your signature.
Download an Application
Applications can be obtained at school locations or our food and nutrition office. Only one application is needed per household.
- 2021-2022 Paper applications will be available in last August 2021.
- Free & Reduced lunches are NOT retroactive. They begin when the application is approved.
Extra Free & Reduced Meal Information
Lunches served to children who qualify for reduced-price meals in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade will be made available at no cost. All other students (Preschool and 4th through 12th Grades) will be charged the current reduced rate.Those students that have been approved for Free and Reduced price meals will receive a milk with their school lunch. If they only want milk, and not the school lunch, they will be charged $.50 for the milk.Example: If a students brings their lunch from home and wants to get a milk to go with it, they will need to pay $.50 for the milk.Example: If a students wants an extra milk to go with their meal, they will need to pay an additional $.50 for the extra milk.The USDA allows school districts to choose to be either on a special meals program or a special milk program. Our district has chosen the special meals program - which also covers milk with the meal.
Waiving ASB Fees
If your family qualifies for Free & Reduced Lunch prices, you can consent to have that status shared with our ASB offices at high schools and have a significant amount of your students' fees waived. The consent process will happen in Skyward Family Access.
Notes: Consent to share information is NOT retroactive. Fees are only waived after the form has been completed. Fees or fines assigned prior to submitting consent will remain on the student's ledger until paid. Skyward updates information every 24 hours.
This process must be done for EACH student in the household for whom you wish to include. After you've submitted the first one, click HOME on the left side of the screen.
Steps to filling out the form in Skyward Family Access:
- Log into Family Access with your login and password.
- On the left side of the screen, click the ONLINE FORMS link.
- The pop-up box will have the option for Info Release for Fee Reduction. Click VIEW.
- On the upper right of the screen, you'll see the blue links for the two parts of the form.
- Click #1. The Parental Release of Information form will open. Review all the information. If you agree, check the box at the bottom of the form and enter your electronic signature.
- Click #2. This is required to submit your consent release form to Skyward.
- Click Home on the upper right of the screen.
- At the top of the screen, you'll see your student's name. Click the drop-down and move onto the next student in your household. Continue until you've submitted the online form for each of them, if desired.