State Worker Benefits are Coming in 2019!
You’ve probably heard that your insurance benefits are changing.Starting in January 2020, all eligible Washington State school employees and their eligible dependents will get their health insurance and other benefits through the new School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program.
What does this mean for you?
- Your current benefits will remain the same until December 31, 2019. You will not be able to make any changes unless you experience a qualifying event.
- Open enrollment for SEBB program will take place October 1 – November 15, 2019. Your new coverage will start January 1, 2020.
What types of benefits will the SEBB Program offer?
- The SEBB Program will offer medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance.
- Details of insurance carriers, premiums, deductibles, coverage, will be available in time for open enrollment in fall 2019.
- We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
- If you would like more information please visit SEBB Program webpages .