- 8:35-9:15 5th Grade
- 9:15-10:00 Management & Collaboration Time
- 10:05-10:45 3rd Grade
- 10:45-12:00 Open Library
- 12-12:30 Lunch
- 12:35-1:15 Kindergarten
- 1:20-2:00 1st Grade
- 2-2:45 Open Library
Although grades 2nd and 4th do not have specialist time in the library, they do have check out time. It varies so please talk with the classroom teacher.
Books can be checked out for 2 weeks. If not on hold for someone else, they may be renewed if needed longer. Once a book is 30 days overdue, it automatically is marked as lost and shows as a fine on the student's account.
What is the procedure for late or missing books?
- Students are reminded to return the book. Notes are sent home with the child so families can help look.
- If the book is missing or damaged a note will be sent home with the child showing the replacement cost. Before replacing/paying for the book, please help your child look everywhere. Books are often found in the strangest places! If the book truly is lost (or damaged) the preference is to always have the book vs. money. So if the book can be found cheaper (even gently used books are okay!), feel free to replace the title.
- Once a book is 30 days overdue, it is automatically marked as lost and a fine assessed on the student's account. This fine drops off as soon as the book is returned.
- Any books still out at the end of the school year will be marked as lost, a fine will be assessed (replacement cost of the book), and a note will be added to the student's permanent record. This fine will remain until paid (yes, even until 12th grade graduation).
We recognize that extenuating circumstances sometimes exist, so please contact Marla Gisi or the library assistant, Sylvia Delgado, if necessary.Do you have library books from your last school (even out of state)? We can help you get them back to their homes! Just bring them in to the library and we will take care of them for you.