Reporting an Absence
Parents, when your child is absent from school or going to be tardy, we would appreciate a call or email before 9:00 am on the day of the absence. If a call is not possible, please send a note with your child upon his or her return to school. Students missing their bus must make every effort to get to school by their own means. A missed bus, missed ride, sleeping in, or babysitting are not valid excuses for an absence or tardy. Transportation to and from school is a student’s responsibility.If a phone call or note from the parent cannot verify the absence within 24 hours of the student’s return, the absence will be considered unexcused.These excuses become a part of the student’s Attendance Record. A pattern of absences or absences in excess of twenty days may result in school authorities requesting a doctor’s verification of illness.To report an absence please call: 360-412-4742, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Login to Family Access using your secure credentials. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- Select the student who is absent.
- Click on the Attendance tab on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Enter Absence Request hyperlink on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Add Request hyperlink.
- On the Add Request screen, select the absence Start Date, End Date, Start Time, End Time and Reason. Entering comments is optional. Click the Save button.
- If your email address is in our records, you will receive an email confirming the absence.