A New League for WIAA West Central District 3
The WIAA West Central District 3 is forming a new 3A league beginning fall 2024!
Welcome to the Puget Sound League (PSL)!
As we shared in previous newsletters, school district superintendents, principals, and athletic directors met throughout the fall and winter to discuss forming this new league.
This league will be beneficial for our community, including:
- Reduced overall student and coach travel.
- Reduced time out of the classroom.
- Positive regional relationships between schools and athletes.
- Greater ability to schedule sub-varsity events.
The two divisions within this league:
- Narrows Division: Bellarmine Prep, Central Kitsap, Gig Harbor, Lincoln, Mount Tahoma, Silas
- Nisqually Division: Capital, Lakes, North Thurston, Peninsula, River Ridge, Timberline
All sports will play the teams in our division and the teams in the other division once. For football, the season will start with three non-league games, then play the other five teams in their division and then week nine will be a crossover game with the other division for seeding into the playoffs in week ten. Athletics directors are planning further details, so stay tuned!
As always, thank you for your support of our NTPS athletes! We are proud as a district to emphasize positive sportsmanship among the entire NTPS community. Our student athletes spend many hours practicing and preparing for events, and the positive and supportive environment we all provide is an essential part of their success.