- Watch the informational video before going through the Running Start sign-up process on the SPSCC website. Once you've watched the video, read through the SPSCC Running Start information page (and connect to this website) https://spscc.edu/apply/runningstart
- Attend an information session; SPSCC will have many orientation sessions coming up. Please see their website for available times and locations: https://spscc.edu/apply/runningstart#info-sessions
- If you decide to participate in Running Start, take the placement test or go through the self-guided placement process and THEN (see #4 below)
- Make an appointment with your counselor - BE READY TO SHOW CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO RUNNING START. DO NOT SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL YOU ARE ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM.
Running Start at River Ridge High School
Running Start is a state-wide program created by the Washington State Legislature that allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to enroll at the local colleges to fulfill high school graduation requirements and earn college credit at the same time. A placement test will determine if they qualify for college-level course enrollment. While enrolled in High School, concurrently earning college credit while working towards their high school graduation, students can potentially earn their Associate Degree in the process. More information from OSPI >>
Running Start is available locally through:
- South Puget Sound Community College Running Start info >>
- Pierce College Running Start info >>
Running Start is not a good fit for every student, but is a great way for some students to transition to higher education. For more information, please contact your high school counselor.