P-EBT Family Information

  • OSPI logo Pandemic EBT from DSHS!

    Due to COVID-19, the federal government launched Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) as a new option in the Families First Coronvirus Response Act. P-EBT provides food benefitst to eligible families in order to replace meals that students would have received, if not for disruption to in-person instruction or school facility closure.  Leer en español  Đọc bằng tiếng Việt

    With the return to in-person learning, P-EBT benefits will only be provided during summer 2021 and summer 2022.

    What do you need to do?

    • Families must apply for free or reduced price meal benefits for the SY 2021-2022.
    • In order to be eligible for summer 2021 benefits, applications MUST BE received and processed no later than *August 31st, 2021. (*If your student received P-EBT benefitst during SY 2020-2021, summer benefits were automatically loaded to your students existing P-EBT cared during July and/or August). 
    • Benefits for qualifying students will be distributed by DSHS in October.

    For the latest information regarding P-EBT benefits, please visit the DSHS P-EBT page. We are highlighting some key information from their website below:

    I reported an address change to my school, when will we get the replacement card?

    With summer approaching, we are working with our contractor, Accenture, to implement a long-term solution to the address-change process. In the meantime, if families need a new P-EBT card mailed to a new address, they will have to wait until schools can provide the new address to our contractor, Accenture. Families who have a new mailing address should review the following steps:

    1. If the address change was already reported to the school, we began accepting address changes from schools between May 20 and June 14, 2021. We are asking schools to validate the new address before we update addresses to reduce instances of inadvertent deactivation of cards.
    2. Starting June 17, families can call the P-EBT Contact Center to request their address to be changed, but should know that a card replacement will NOT be issued and that the address with FIS will be changed by June 23, 2021.
    3. No later than June 23, 2021, new, validated addresses should be reflected in FIS (the P-EBT card vendor) and families will be able to call FIS for a replacement or request the replacement card be sent to their new address via the ebtEDGE mobile app or at www.ebtEDGE.com.
    4. Starting June 23 – P-EBT contact center can start taking address changes and replacement card request directly. 

    If you need to contact the P-EBT Call Center, please provided your student information last name then first name, for example, Smith John. Student data is in the system back-to-front

    Questions about Free & Reduced Lunch eligibility? Contact NTPS Food & Nutrition: 360-412-4446

    Questions about P-EBT benefits? Contact the P-EBT Call Center: 1-833-518-0282 (Operates M-F 8 am - 5 pm)

    Wait times for the Call Center can be lengthy.  More help can be found at ebtEDGE or download the app (iOS or Android)


  • I reported an address change to my school, when will we get a replacement card?

  • I received the letter. Where's the P-EBT card?

  • What are Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Benefits?

  • Who is eligible for P-EBT?

  • My child gets lunches at school, can I still qualify for P-EBT?

  • How is this different than last school year?

  • How can P-EBT benefits be used?

  • How do families apply?

  • How do I find out if my child will receive P-EBT benefits?

  • Will my benefits be back dated to the beginning of the school year?

  • How much will families get?

  • What address will the new P-EBT card be mailed to?

  • When will P-EBT cards arrive?

  • What does the P-EBT card look like?

  • What do I need to do when the new P-EBT card arrives in the mail?

  • Should I keep my P-EBT card or will I get a new card each month?

  • I am facing homelessness. How do I get my P-EBT card?

  • My child didn't receive a notice or P-EBT card, what should I do?

  • Can I put these benefits on my existing food EBT card?

  • I receive food assistance (including $0 benefit). Do I automatically qualify for P-EBT?

  • If I get P-EBT benefits, will it affect my immigration status or make me a public charge?

  • P-EBT benefits are not covering all my costs; I need more assistance. Who do I contact?

  • Are there any other food benefits available?

  • We do not need these benefits. Can I decline them?