Register to ride the bus
Please fill out the bus registration form to reserve your student's spot on the bus (fill out the form for each student in your household):
Need Help with Registration?
Call Transportation at (360) 412-4545
Need translated forms?
Do you need paper or translated bus registration forms?
Option A: Fill out a paper form at the NTPS Service Center at 6620 Carpenter Rd SE, Lacey WA 98503
Option B: Use the fillable PDF forms below and email a completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Registration & Scheduling
- What's the deadline? Students who qualify for general transportation services must be registered by Friday, August 19, 2022, in order to be guaranteed bus service on the first day of school.
- When will route information be available? Route times & information will be posted the last week of August and can be access in your Smart Tag account. We will notify you via Smart Tag when it's ready.
- What if I miss the deadline? We may not be able to process requests received after August 19, 2022, until Monday, September 19, 2022.
- If I register later, how long to process my registration? After September 19, 2022, implementing new requests can take up to 10 days to get a student routed if the student can be routed to an established bus stop.
- What happens after I register? Route information for your student(s) will be available in the Smart Tag parent Portal by the end of August.
- What if there's not a stop in my area already? For students who reside in an area where an established stop is not present, new requests can take up to 10 business days to implement.
- What if I don't register but show up at the bus stop? Students who are not registered for transportation and arrive at a bus stop (registered by other families) will be transported to school but will be asked to be picked up by parents. Transportation will be unavailable home until we have received the students' registration and routed the student on a bus.
- Who isn't eligible to ride the bus? Students do not qualify for transportation services if they reside in a walk zone; attend an NTPS School on a waiver; or attend a childcare facility or after-school program that is outside your residential boundary or district program placement boundary.
Special Needs, McKinney Vento, or Foster Care
- What about Special Needs and other types of bus routes? Students who the district has identified as qualified to receive special transportation services including special needs, McKinney-Vento, and Foster Care services, do not have to fill out the registration form. The required transportation requests are sent directly to us. Families who have students who have been registered through Special Needs, McKinney-Vento, and Foster Care services will receive a call from the Transportation Department with their individualized information.
Bus Safety Practices
- Assigned Seats? All students may be assigned seats.
- Will masks be required? At this time, masks are not required.
- Will buses be cleaned? Buses are cleaned regularly.