NTPS seeks "For" and "Against" statement authors for February 2024 levies
North Thurston Public Schools (NTPS) is seeking individuals interested in helping write voters’ pamphlet statements supporting or opposing two measures that will appear on the February 13, 2024, special election ballot.
- The Educational Programs and Operations Replacement Levy measure and
- The Capital Levy for Safety, Technology, and Facilities Improvements
Information about the proposed levies is posted on the NTPS website.
State law (RCW 29A.32.280) requires NTPS to seek individuals who want to represent the “For” and “Against” committees in the official election voters’ pamphlet.
Each committee shall have not more than three members; however, a committee may seek the advice of any person or persons. Each committee will be asked to submit a 250-word statement by December 22, 2023.
To be considered by the district for appointment to either committee, please email Amy Blondin, NTPS Executive Director of Communications, at email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm on November 27. Please include:
- Your name, mailing address, and phone number.
- On which committees you are interested in participating:
- Educational Programs and Operations Replacement Levy “For” or “Against” committee.
- Capital Levy for Safety, Technology, and Facilities Improvement “For” or “Against” committee.
The school board will officially name the committees, assuming volunteers step forward, at its regular board meeting on December 5, 2023. If the district does not appoint “For” and “Against” committees by the deadline, the Auditor’s Office will seek out and, whenever possible, appoint up to three members to each committee.