Services During Closure
North Thurston Public Schools is committed to serving our families during the school closure through April 24th. We will serve families with 'drive up and go' hygiene bags, food and warm hats/coats/gloves during the following times:
- Tuesdays: 9:00a-11:00a
- Thursdays: 1:00p-3:00p
As long as our schools are providing food to students and in accordance with our school calendar (i.e. not during the week of April 6th-10th)
Please continue to check our website for updates.
Emergency Food Resources: Download PDF with information on times & locations >> (compiled by Washington SNAP-Ed)
Food & Other Resources: Download a Local Resource Guide for Families in Need >>
- Toilet Paper
- Diapers (Various sizes - highest need is siz 5 and size 6)
- Laundry Soap (Small/Individual sizes)
- Dish Soap (Small/Individual sizes)
- Pads / Tampons
Please note: We cannot accept volunteers in building at this time. Thank you for your continued support of NTPS!
Family & Youth Resource Center (FYR Center)
A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources. We are in the Rajinder S. Manhas Activity Center adjacent to North Thurston High School (the old Bally's building).
What we do
- A place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources
- One-stop destination for services and supplies
- Provide hygiene supplies, laundry supplies, food, school supplies and clothing
- Intakes for McKinney-Vento
- Showers, laundry and meet with community service providers
- Community partners include: Community Action Council, Community Youth Service, DSHS, Family Education Support Services, Family Support Center, Health Care Authority, and Kaiser Medical
- Serve Foster Care students
- Social – Emotional Learning Instructional Specialists support SE learning across the district
- ECEAP Staff are based out of the Center and provide preschool services at the adjacent Family Partnership Center
- Military Support Staff – Support military students and families in the district
Location: 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE Olympia, WA 98506
Office hours (for donation & support hours, please see other parts of this page): Monday-Friday 7 AM - 3 PM (closed 11:30 AM-12 PM) Hours of operation have changed during the recent school closures. We plan to be back to normal business hours beginning April 27th.
Need clothing, food, hygiene or school supplies?
- Come Tuesdays 9-11 AM, or
- Come Thursdays 1-3 PM
- To make an appointment, please call (360) 412-4902
Community Partners drop-in days/times (Suspended until further notice effective 3/17/2020)
Have items to donate?
Donations are accepted the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month during regular business hours.
We are currently in need of
- Children’s clothing (New and gently used - all sizes)
- Coats & hoodie sweatshirts (all sizes)
- New socks, underwear, and shoes (all sizes)
- Athletic sweatpants, leggings (all sizes children & adult)
- Duffel/sports bags
- Umbrellas (new, compact size)
- 8 subject dividers
- Composition notebooks
- Plastic pocket folders
- Reusable shopping bags - preferably large, but accept all sizes
- Hygiene items (toilet paper, etc.)
- Laundry soap - small (almost out)
- Dish soap - small (almost out)
- Wide-ruled notebook paper (loose-leaf, not spiral notebooks)
- Plastic bins - preferably COSTCO's Plastic Storage bin with lid, 27-gallon, Black & Yellow (we could use at least 12 more to support storage/organization)