ECEAP & Head Start
NTPS's ECEAP and Head Start programs are managed and staffed by Sound to Harbor Early Learning Programs from Capital Region Education Service District 113 and use the facilities at the NTPS Family Partnership Center in Lacey.
- ECEAP (pronounced "E-Cap") is the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program funded by Washington State for children aged 3 to 4.
- Head Start is funded by the federal government for children aged 3 to 4.
Both ECEAP and Head Start include:
- Free early learning child care or preschool to support a child's development and learning.
- Family support and parent involvement.
- Child health coordination & nutrition.
- Services responsive and appropriate to each child's and family's heritage and experience.
Children who attend ECEAP and Head Start learn to manage their feelings, get along with others, and follow classroom procedures. They build the beginning skills for reading, math, and science. The programs work closely with parents to support their children's health & education and to meet family goals.