Early Childhood Education & Assistance Program (ECEAP) & Head Start
NTPS has two Early Learning programs funded by state & federal agencies. They are managed and staffed by Sound to Harbor Early Learning Programs from ESD 113 and are located in the Early Learning Center at Pleasant Glade Elementary.
ECEAP (pronounced "E-Cap") is the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program funded by Washington State for children aged 3 to 4.
Head Start is funded by the federal government for children aged 3 to 4.
Both programs include:
- Free early learning child care or preschool to support a child's development and learning
- Family support and parent involvement
- Child health coordination & nutrition
- Services are responsive and appropriate to each child's and family's heritage and experience
- More info on the DCYF website >>
Children who attend ECEAP and Head Start learn to manage their feelings, get along with others, and follow classroom procedures. They build the beginning skills for reading, math, and science. The programs work closely with parents to support their children's health & education and to meet family goals.