Chromebook Assurance Program
Damage charges as part of the Assurance Program are currently on hold during the COVID-19 Closure. Fines for lost or stolen devices will still be applied for all grade levels. If you have any repair or replacement needs, please visit the Chromebook/Hotspot troubleshooting page to submit a request.
The NTPS Assurance Program provides an inexpensive solution for parents/guardians to lessen the financial burden if an accident, loss, or theft occurs. Assurance Program enrollment will cover the current school year for a single device.
NTPS Assurance Enrollment
$10 Annual Cost
Pay through NTPS Online Payment Portal or make checks payable to
North Thurston Public Schools
$0 to fix
$25 to replace
$25 to fix
$75 to replace
Dropping, water damage, natural disaster, etc.
Police report filed within 24 hours if stolen and provided to NTPS.
Approximate Costs without Assurance
The Fine Print
- All fees for 1:1 Assurance stay within the program and will fund continued repairs, replacements, and upgrades to student 1:1 devices.
- Assurance fee will be automatically loaded to all secondary students' accounts and is non-refundable.
- Assurance does not cover deliberate vandalism by the student.
- If the device and/or accessory is later recovered in working condition, any related fines will be refunded.
- If a student leaves the District, but does not return the Chromebook, a fine for the full replacement cost will be placed on the student record, and standard rules for the restriction of records and transcripts will apply. Law enforcement may be involved for the purpose of recovering District property.