Chromebook Assurance Program
The NTPS Assurance Program provides an inexpensive solution for parents/guardians to lessen the financial burden if an accident, loss, or theft occurs. Assurance Program enrollment will cover the current school year for a single device.
NTPS Assurance Enrollment
$10 Annual Cost
Pay through NTPS Online Payment Portal or make checks payable to
North Thurston Public Schools
Assurance fully covers the costs of accidental damage for Chromebooks.
$25 to replace
$100 to replace
Dropping, device, water damage, natural disaster, etc.
Police report filed within 24 hours if stolen and provided to NTPS.
Approximate Costs without Assurance
The Fine Print
- All fees for 1:1 Assurance stay within the program and fund continued repairs, replacements, and upgrades to student 1:1 devices.
- Assurance fee will be automatically loaded to all secondary students’ accounts and is non-refundable.
- Students will be charged full price for parts if they intentionally vandalize their device.
- Repeated damage to a device may result in loss of take-home privileges and/or fines on a case-by-case basis.
- If a lost, stolen, or non-returned device is later recovered in working condition, any related fines will be refunded.
- If a student leaves the district and does not return their Chromebook, a fine for the full replacement cost will be placed on the student record and restriction of records and transcripts will apply. Law enforcement may be involved for the purpose of recovering District property
- Families may choose to opt out of the Assurance program and accept full financial liability for any damage to their student's Chromebook.