Welcome to NTPS!
Welcome to North Thurston Public Schools! We began in 1953 as a small rural district and have continued to grow — currently the 23rd largest district in the State of Washington! Our student population is the most ethnically diverse in the South Sound and covers 74 square miles, serving Lacey and northeast Thurston County. See boundary mapsWith over 14,000 students & 2,000+ employees, we serve the community with:
- 13 Elementary Schools (Pre-K through 5th grade)
- 5 Middle Schools, including a performing arts magnet school (6th through 8th grade)
- 3 Comprehensive High Schools (9th through 12th grade)
- 3 Alternative Learning Programs (a virtual school, a home-based instruction support school, and a CTE-centered High School)
We love our community! Over 6,500 NTPS Volunteers contribute their time to students each school year. Become a Volunteer!Each of our schools has at least one Partner in Education. This program pairs community businesses with schools in their area to help supply programs, support, volunteers and more!
What is the Strategic Plan?
The NTPS Strategic Plan provides a road map that guides all our District’s work. It clearly defines the goals and outcomes for our students with specific measures which are reported on to our Board of Directors. This amazing plan was created by several committees that included students, staff, community members, parents, and leadership. To learn more about our work and understand our District’s vision for our students please access the Strategic Plan documents below.
Progress Reports & Goals
District Mission Statement
Committed to Excellence: Preparing all students for rewarding careers, fulfilling lives, and compassionate global citizenship.
Over 14,700 students enrolled (PreK through 12th grade)Ethnic Diversity
- American Indian / Alaska Native: 1%
- Asian: 7.3%
- Black / African American: 4.9%
- Hispanic / Latino of any race(s): 21.5%
- Native Hawaiian / Other Pacific Islander: 2.7%
- Two or More Races: 15.9%
- White: 46.8%