New Student Enrollment for Middle & High School

  • Welcome to NTPS, new students! Please read the process carefully!

    Traduzca esta pagina | 이 페이지 번역 | Dịch trang này| Isalin ang pahinang ito | Faʻaliliu lenei itulau

    Registration steps:

    1. Find your School (search by your home address)
    2. Complete a Registration Packet:
    3. Bring the completed packet to your school office (with the required and/or optional documents below) to complete registration. High School offices open August 1st (except River Ridge). Middle School offices open August 7th.
    4. After the required documents have been processed, your student will need to make an appointment with the counselor to register for classes.

    Important Notes

    • Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student. 
    • Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.

    Questions? Please contact your school. 

    Five (5) Required Documents:

    1. Verification of student's name and age. NTPS will accept a variety of documents for this purpose, including:
    2. Documentation of legal name change if different than the name on the above record.
    3. Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
      • A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider (included in the packet above);
      • A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
      • A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
      • A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to to begin the signup process.
    4. Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
      • Current lease
      • Recent contract of sale
      • Recent Mortgage statement
      • Recent Utility Bill
    5. Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.

    Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:

    • Academic records (Report card if registering for grades 6-8 or transcripts if registering for grades 9-12) (helpful, but optional)
    • Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
    • Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)