New Student Enrollment for Middle & High School
Welcome to NTPS new students! Because schools are currently closed due to COVID-19, our registration process is limited but there are things families can still do to register. Please read the process carefully!
Middle & High School Registration takes place on paper:
- Download and fill out a registration packet ENGLISH (PDF)
- Find Your School (search by your home address)
- Email the packet and copies of the required documents below to your school office.
- North Thurston High School: email@example.com
- River Ridge High School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timberline High School: email@example.com
- Chinook Middle School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Komachin Middle School: email@example.com
- Nisqually Middle School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salish Middle School: email@example.com
- After the required documents have been processed, your student will need to make an appointment with the counselor to register for classes.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) one of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Documentation of legal name change if different than name on the birth record above.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the signup process.
- NOT REQUIRED UNTIL OFFICES OPEN AGAIN: Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download)
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (Report card if registering for grades 6-8 or transcripts if registering for grades 9-12) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)