Welcome to Nisqually Middle School!
Welcome to Nisqually Middle School! We opened in 1966 and serve students in Lacey, Washington from 6th through 8th grades. Check out more information about who we are and what we do here at Nisqually!
What makes Nisqually unique
- Partnerships with two community churches for mentoring, tutoring and projects such as our greenhouse.
- Student Recognition Assemblies.
- Student Recognition Breakfasts with Families.
- Honor Level Activities – Choice activities throughout the school.
- Student leadership - providing multiple opportunities to enhance our school climate.
- Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students)
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
- Big Brother Big Sisters Mentoring Program
- Partners in Education (P.I.E.) with Club Z In-Home Tutoring and The Grace Works
Academic Gap Goal:
- Over the 2019-20 school year, Hispanic students will increase math proficiency from 27.6% meeting standard to 37.6% meeting standard as measured by the math SBA.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- Over the 2019-20 school year, we will decrease office discipline referrals (ODRs) for defiance/insubordination/non-compliance from 239 ODRs in 2018-19 to 200 during the 2019-20 school year. We will decrease the discipline rate of our SPED students from 14.5% to 7% during the 2019-20 school year.
We appreciate active family participation in our school. We have many family and community members that come into our school day to support students and our programs. Our student-led conferences are very well attended by all of our families twice each year. We have over 90% of families that come to conferences with their student each fall and spring. We have an active advisory group called FANSS (Families of Nisqually Students/Staff).To volunteer at Nisqually, fill out an application online.
Mission: Nisqually Middle School is an evolving learning community where young adolescents have opportunities to become caring and contributing members of society. Our students will think critically, appreciate diversity and be lifelong learners.
Nisqually's Building History
Nisqually Middle School was built in 1966 on 45.1 acres. It is located at 8100 Steilacoom Road SE, adjacent to the Ostrom Mushroom Farm and the Lacey-Thurston County Regional Athletic Complex (RAC). In 2008 early site work was completed for an extensive upgrade, including the addition of an 8-classroom modular building. In 2008-2010, a modernization of, and additions to the building and campus was completed, utilizing 2006 bond and state assistance funds. All mechanical, electrical and technology were replaced or upgraded. Selective roof upgrades were completed. The 86,575 square foot building, including 37 instructional spaces, plus 14 portable classrooms (includes 8-classroom modular building) serve 6th, 7th and 8th grade.