Welcome to Seven Oaks Elementary!
Welcome to Seven Oaks Elementary! We opened our doors in 1990. Our bulldogs are successful citizens, and we work hard to provide a positive learning environment with a partnership of communities, family, and staff.
Unique Partnerships & Programs
WATCH D.O.G.S.: This successful program aims to increase male involvement in our schools, including tutoring, helping in the classroom and on the playground. This year more than 200 guests attended our kickoff event. Including our WatchDOG Dads, Seven Oaks celebrated nearly 20,000 volunteer hours over the last two years. We welcome volunteers and believe that family engagement is critical at Seven Oaks.
Other programs we offer:
- FRRED Principles (Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Empathy, Dignity)
- FRRED Tickets, Excellence Referrals & Fantastic-gram postcards
- Student recognition assemblies
- Looping model for grades 1-2
- Social Skills recess time
- PAWS for applause staff recognition
- 6 Pre-K classes
- Track team
- Variety Show
- Student Leadership
- Self-Manager Program
Academic Gap Goal:
- The percentage of students qualified for special education services in kindergarten who scored above the 50th percentile on easyCBM word reading fluency will increase from 36.4% in the winter 2020 to at least 50% by 1st grade winter 2021.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- In fall semester of 2019, 68.39% of students who qualified for special education services fell into the category of “Regular Attenders” as compared to 73% of students identified as not qualified for special education. By the end of fall semester 2020, at least 75% of who qualify for special education services will have regular attendance, thus closing the gap.
Mission: The mission of Seven Oaks Elementary is to form a partnership of students, parents, community, and staff to create a caring atmosphere in which each person is entitled to courtesy, respect, and dignity. The staff accepts the responsibility that all children will be challenged to learn and will become successful citizens.
Seven Oaks Building History
Seven Oaks Elementary was built in 1990 on 13.1 acres. It is located at 1800 Seven Oaks Drive SE. In 2007, the boiler was replaced and controls were partially upgraded. HVAC upgrades were made in 2012. The 54,866 square foot building, including 35 instructional spaces and 8 portable classrooms serves preschool through fifth grade. This school is currently eligible for a state-assisted modernization/addition.