Grants Management Office
North Thurston Public Schools’ Grants Management Office assists teachers, principals, and district staff in seeking and securing grant funds for General Fund projects benefitting students, families, and staff.All grant applications are developed in collaboration with the Grants Management Office to ensure proposals are aligned with NTPS strategic priorities and meet compliance standards. Staff interested in applying for grant funding submit the NTPS Grant Authorization Form (download below) to Financial Services for review 10 days before the grant due date.NTPS pursues competitive and formula (non-competitive) grant funding from federal, state, and local government agencies as well as nonprofit and private organizations. Grants generate approximately $35.5 million dollars in revenue annually. This equates to 19% of the district’s budget.Contact:Jody ThompsonFinancial Analyst(360) 412-4892 (x40148)
- Why is the Grant Authorization Form required?
- To ensure that proposals align with NTPS strategic priorities and meet compliance standards
- To make sure the appropriate budget code is assigned so your building/department budget isn’t charged for grant-funded expenses
- Do I need to complete this form when submitting grants to North Thurston Education Foundation, Thurston County School Retirees Association, or Twinstar Credit Union?
- Yes – the Grant Authorization Form is needed for any General Fund project support from an external (non-NTPS) funder
- Do I need to complete this form for ASB related projects?
- No – follow ASB fundraising guidelines
- Do I need to complete this form for MAC mini grants?
- No – MAC grants are made from district funds, so no form is needed
- Is the form needed for OSPI or federal agency grant applications?
- Yes – the Grant Authorization Form is needed for any external (non-NTPS) funder
- Can I create an online funding campaign (Donorschoose.org, GoFundMe, Ed.co etc)?
- No – unfortunately these platforms don’t currently meet audit and compliance requirements
- What happens if I don’t submit the Grant Authorization Form?
- NTPS may not be able to accept the funds and your building/department budget may be charged for grant related project expenses.
- I have questions – whom may I contact?
- Contact NTPS Financial Services Grant Specialist
- What does the NTPS Grant Specialist do?
- Assist teachers, principals, and district staff in seeking and securing grant funds for General Fund projects benefitting students, families, and staff
- I have an exciting project idea – is there a grant for that?
- Maybe! Check out the opportunities listed on this page or contact the NTPS Grant Specialist to discuss your idea.