Advanced Placement (AP) coursesAP courses are college level courses that require students to work at a high, rigorous level and complete additional outside work/reading outside of class. AP classes can prepare you for the college experience.
Students in an AP class are eligible to take an AP test in the spring. These tests are not required; however, the AP test score is how you may earn actual college credit - the high school class alone is not college credit. Colleges/universities determine the amount/type of college credit awarded once you are attending their school.Benefits
- Expectations and pace of class closely match college experience.
- Score of 3, 4 or 5 may earn you college credit.
- AP is recognized by post-secondary schools across the nation.
- A score of 4 or 5 can bump a students grade on grade point for either 1st semester or 2nd semester (example: C+ to a B+).
- You are thinking about college and want to know what it will be like.
- You have a strong interest in the subject.
- You plan to go to college and want to earn credit.
- You will complete projects and coursework outside of class.
- Some classes have prerequisites.
- AP test offered only in the spring.
- Fee required for AP test.
- One college credit costs hundreds of dollars. Each AP test is less than $100 and could earn you a few credits, depending on your score and the college. AP college credit varies by school. Be sure to review enrollment material from colleges you are considering attending.
Automated score reporting servicesStudents will need their AP number to use the service. You will find this in your Student Pack.Do you need to have AP Scores sent to a college? Starting July 1, students can access their exam scores early ($8 per call) and send their scores to colleges by phone ($15 per college). Call AP Automated Score Reporting Services at 888-308-0013 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or 609-771-7366, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
AP Coordinator Contact Information
Mr. Shannon Strozyk
Last Modified on October 29, 2020