What is School Messenger?
North Thurston Public Schools utilizes a communication system called School Messenger.Parent contact information, including phone number, email address, cell phone, etc., are obtained from Student Records and used to communicate messages from Principals and Administrators.Examples of messages:
Please ensure that your contact information is up to date each fall by contacting your child's school.If you would like to adjust what phone numbers and email addresses are used, you can activate your account on the School Messenger website. See below for some of the Frequently Asked Questions!
- General school announcements
- School closures
- Attendance reports
- Lunch account balance information
- Bus Route information
Activate your account to change your settings: http://go.schoolmessenger.com
School Messenger FAQ
Each school has different habits on how they communicate with their students. If you have more than one student, you may notice a lot of messages, some even with duplicate information about school closure days, etc. Activating your School Messenger account will allow you to customize how and where you receive these messages greatly reducing their frequency to specific numbers and address dependent on their settings.
If you want to customize your communication settings, you will need to activate your School Messenger account. There you can change settings on the phone numbers and email addresses associated with your child to customize the types of messages you receive. NOTE: You cannot opt-out of receiving Emergency phone calls or text messages.
Accounts are activated using the email address on file with for you.
- Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page, or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
- Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
- After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
It's that easy!
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.