What is Special Education Preschool?
Our Preschools are designed for children with special educational needs to play and learn with typically developing peers.
Do you think your child may have a disability?
How do I Register for Preschool?
Steps to Enrollment
- Complete a Registration Packet:
- Drop off paper copies of student documents directly to Student Records (6620 Carpenter Rd SE), M-F 7:30am-3:00pm.
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Verification of student's name and age. NTPS will accept a variety of documents for this purpose, including:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Adoption Record
- Previously Verified School Record
- Affidavit from Parent
- Documentation of legal name change if different than the name on the above record.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider (included in the packet above) ;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
- Race and Ethnicity Form (click link to download) Also included in the packet above.
- Proof of residency One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download) Also included in the packet above.
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.