What is Special Education Preschool?
Our Preschool is designed for children with special education needs to play and learn with typically developing peers. If your child is 0-3 years old use the Early Intervention link below. If your child is 3-5 years of age use the Child Find link for information on requesting a screening.If you think your child might have a disability, we have several intervention and assessment methods we use to identify and find the best path for your child. Please see below for more information.
How do I Register for Preschool?
Once an active IEP is in place:
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Launch Registration Gateway (fill in your state- & locally-mandated student information through a web form). 20-60 minutes
- Email or bring the required documents to your neighborhood Early Learning Center school registrar.
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid passport
- Documentation of legal name changes (if different from name on birth record above)
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS Filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the signup process.
- Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download)
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced
- Registration Gateway Signature Page (click link to download)
Start the Online Registration Process
- If you do not have internet access, please call (360) 412-4535 to use one of our district computers set up for this purpose.
- The information provided will become part of the student's official records and will be considered strictly confidential.
- Because the Registration Gateway can take 20 to 60 minutes, you can save your progress and return later to finish.
- Submitting the enrollment information online does not guarantee your student has met the requirements for admittance.