• There are a variety of ways to finance your post-high school education through scholarships, grants, loans, or other types of financial aid.  
    All seniors interested in receiving financial aid (and many scholarships) should fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for Student Finacial Aid (WASFAas soon as possible after it opens October 1st of their senior year.  This is NOT just for low-income families as it is based on both income and number of people in the household.  Students who do not qualify for the Pell Grant may qualify for a Federal loan. And starting in 2020, students who complete the FAFSA will automatically be considered for the Washington College Grant (WCG) for low- and middle-income families.  Completing the FAFSA or WASFA  is the ONLY way to access the WCG.
    U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens will complete the FAFSA.  The student and one parent each need an FSA ID, so start here https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.  Note that if the parent does not have a Social Security Number (SSN), they still need an FSA ID, so enter all zeros in the SSN field.  Next, start your FAFSA at https://studentahttps://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.  Even if you think you might not qualify for aid, always complete the FAFSA.  It is worth the time and effort.
    Non-citizens such as DACA recipients and others may qualify for the same amount via the WASFA.  Go to https://readysetgrad.wa.gov/wasfa-washington-application-state-financial-aid