Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary!
Welcome to Evergreen Forest Elementary! We opened our doors in 1978 and serve grades K-5 in Lacey, Washington. Our building recently underwent a complete modernization. Learn more about us and how the Bobcats are growing, learning, achieving, dreaming!
What makes Evergreen Forest unique
Evergreen Forest features special programs to enrich the learning environment. Some featured programs include:
- Native American Education program
- Lacey Sunrise Lions dictionary distribution
- Washington Achievement Award recipient in Overall Excellence
- Washington School Recognition Award — Closing Gaps (2018-19)
- Bronze Level Award — America's Healthiest Schools (2019 & 2020)
- Family Math & Literacy Nights
- Fifth grade student leadership council
- Monthly Fun Runs
- Monthly awards for Achievement, Citizenship, and Growth Mindset
- PBIS-Positive Behavior Support program
- Military Support Groups
- Family S.T.E.M. Nights
- Watch D.O.G.S.
Academic Gap Goal:
- We will close the achievement gap between students who are not of poverty and students of poverty (as determined based on Free/Reduced rates) meeting proficiency on the English Language Arts (ELA) Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) to a maximum of a 10% gap.
Behavior Gap Goal:
- Native American Students—to increase the attendance/engagement in remote learning to at least 85% engagement. Black Students—to increase the attendance/engagement in remote learning to a at least 90% attendance/engagement.
Mission: The mission of Evergreen Forest Elementary School is to create a positive learning environment. This environment will be success-oriented, productive, organized,supportive, safe, and designed to meet the individual and diverse needs of our students, staff, and community.Motto: Growing, Learning, Achieving, Dreaming
Evergreen Forest's Building History
Evergreen Forest Elementary was built in 1978. The school is located on 10.3 acres at 3025 Marvin Road SE. There have been additions in 1981-82 and upgrades in 2000. The building underwent a modernization adding 11 classroom spaces, relocating the office, and remodeling all other spaces in the building. The modernization was completed in the fall of 2016.