Riding the Bus to Komachin
All school policies are in effect at bus stops and on school buses at all times and student misconduct will be subject to progressive discipline up to and including suspension from the bus for the remainder of the year.Student transportation is a privilege -- not a right. Violation of school bus rules can create an immediate danger to the health and safety of others. Student conduct on the buses and at the bus stops must reflect good judgment and meet the expectations we have for all students at school. You are expected to follow these rules at all times. Any infraction of the rules may result in discontinuation of bus riding privileges.
Bus Riding Guidelines
Obey the Bus Driver
- The bus driver is in charge of the bus and passengers. Passengers must comply promptly and fully with requests.
Speak Quietly, No Bad Language
Keep Your Body and Objects With You to Yourself
- Throwing articles in or from the bus is not allowed.
- Pushing, hitting, or shoving others is not acceptable.
- Students will not extend their hands, arms, or head out of bus windows.
Stay Seated and Face Forward
- The bus driver may assign seats.
- Stay seated until the bus comes to a full stop.
Loading and Unloading Procedures
- Cross the road in front of the bus, never behind it.
- Pushing, shoving or crowding in bus loading area is not appropriate.
- Students can leave the bus only at school or their regularly assigned stop. Exceptions will be authorized through appropriate procedures.
- You must be on time. The bus cannot wait for tardy students. Be at the stop at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pick up time.
No Large Objects on the Bus
- This includes large musical instruments.
No Banned Items on the Bus
- No sharp objects, firearms, skateboards, breakable containers, live animals, tobacco, or alcohol.
Obey Railroad Crossing Procedures
- When the bus stops at a railroad crossing, there will be absolutely no noise or talking until the bus is completely across the tracks.
- In accordance with NTPS Policy #3207 Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying (HIB), harassement will not be tolerated and should be immediately reports to the driver.
Bus / Walking / Other Transportation Options
Search for your bus stop below by using your home address!Besides the bus, there are other options for getting to school. Check out the walking route maps below to see if you live within our safe walking route for your school. You can also take the InterCity Transit system or RideShare!
Walk Zone Interactive Maps - High Schools
Walk Zone Interactive Maps - Middle Schools
Walk Zone Interactive Maps - Elementary Schools
- Our community bus system, Intercity Transit, has excellent coverage in the county. Information about their youth school routes. Information about their youth school routes
- The easy way to ride or drive with someone. More information at Visit the Rideshare website.