How to Report an Absence at NTHS
Attendance Office: 360-412-4801
Lisa Niles firstname.lastname@example.org
Absence reporting options:
- Skyward Family Access (instructions below)
- A handwritten note (turned in or faxed)
- A phone call to the attendance office
- Email from parent/guardian to the attendance office
Absences will be recorded as excused only if appropriate documentation is received.
Students are expected to attend all classes each day. A student returning to school after an absence reports directly to class and is expected to make up all the missed work. Students will be given one (1) school day for every day of excused absence to make up the missed work. Teachers may choose to extend the time at their discretion.
Absence Reporting Through Family Access
Log into Family Access. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- If you have multiple students, click on the student you wish to report the absence at the top of the screen (the drop-down at the top if you're using the mobile app).
- Click on the Attendance tile
- Make sure you're on the Absence Requests (tabs are in the middle of the screen), click Add Absence Request at the very right, choose the appropriate reason, adding notes, and copying the request to multiple students, if needed.
- A message will be sent to your office with the information and will be pending until it has been processed.
Watch this video to see it in action!
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?