Welcome to Envision Career Academy
Envision is one of two North Thurston Public School choice high schools. We opened in September 2020 and offer an innovative learning opportunity to students in our district who are looking for a unique high school experience that is real-world, inquiry-based, and highly collaborative among students and teachers, where the student's voice is at the center of everything we do.
A Unique, Career Connected Learning Environment
The strength of ECA is its staff and the intentional cross-curricular, interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to planning, teaching, and learning. We create an environment where a positive relationship with every student is created. Each student is visible and known.
The responsibility for success is a two-way street. Every student who attends ECA has asked to be there -- they chose to attend. Because of that, every student is expected to attend and work toward their academic & career goals.
We offer four CTE pathways to graduation:
Follow each link below to visit the OSPI CTE website for more information on the program.
- Agriculture Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business & Marketing
- Manufacturing and Technology and Aerospace Manufacturing
Our student-created Fyre Gryphon Code is EMBER!
Envision students are:
- Engaged: Positively participate in learning and discovery
- Mindful: Aware and reflective of words, actions, and choices
- Bold: Respectfully express true self and ideas
- Equitable: Celebrate and support fair treatment and opportunities
- Resilient: Adapt to change and learn from challenges
Academic SMART Goal
- During the 22-23 school year, a minimum of 90% of our students will pass all of their classes, up from 50% last year (93 students, up from 55 students).
SEL SMART Goal
- During the 22-23 school year, we will increase the percent positive responses from 38% in SY21-22 to 90% in the category: “Most students are respectful of others at this school” on the EES Student SEL survey.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
Envision Career Academy is a community of leaders and learners exploring career-focused experiences through problem-based, authentic, action-oriented projects that improve our school, community, and world.
Envision values the strong support of our families, alumni, and community. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, participating in events and field trips, helping in the classroom, and more.
Learn what our community sees as Envision's greatest strengths and challenges as we plan for the future.
Total Budget for 2020-21: $3,333,288.08
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: $37,473.73
To view Enrollment Statistics, Demographics, and State Test Scores, view the Washington OSPI Report Card.
ECA's building was constructed in 2007 on 4.4 acres.
It is located at 411 College Street NE in Lacey adjacent to the Gott Administrative Center (District Office). The pre-engineered metal building was designed, permitted, built, and occupied within a one-year timespan. This school was designed from the beginning to accomodate non-traditional programs, initially occupied by the credit-retrieval choice school South Sound High School.
The 18,448 square foot building, including 10 instructional spaces, was building utilizing mitigation funds.