Welcome to Aspire Performing Arts Academy!
Welcome to Aspire Performing Arts Academy! We are a performing arts choice school that opened in 2009 and serves grades 6-8. We accept applicants based on a lottery system. Learn more about our application process.
Unique things we do at Aspire
Performing Arts Program
- Band – Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band
- Orchestra – 6th Orchestra, Symphonic Strings, Chamber Orchestra
- Choir – Concert Choir, Fire Choir, Glee Choir, Belle Voce
- Theater/Drama, Musical Theater
- Literary Arts, Theater Arts
- Musical Theory, Robotics, Yoga, Leadership
- Oceanography, Environmental Science
- Geometric Art
Highly Capable Program
- Qualified students are grouped together to engage in a curriculum (math, science, language arts, social studies) that is differentiated by faster pace, greater depth and complexity, and an earlier introduction of knowledge and skills. More information about our District Highly Capable Program.
Continuous Growth Goal
- The total percentage of 6-8th grade students qualified for special services in mathematics scoring above the 50th percentile on the math EasyCBM will increase to 50% or above, significantly closing the achievement gap with nonqualified peers from Fall to Spring. (Fall starting 6th from 33.3%/7th from 16.67%/8th from 33.6%.)
Empowered Learners Goal
- The number of students responding to “always true” and “often true” to the prompt “most students are respectful of other students at this school” will increase from 52% to over 75% in the annual CEE survey from spring of 2022 to spring of 2023.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
Create an educational experience where rigorous academic standards, coupled with high-quality performing arts instruction, challenge all students to reach their full potential as innovative problem-solvers, skillful artisans, and imaginative learners.
We believe that every student has the potential to achieve high levels of academic learning and performing arts achievement. Each child is unique, and recognizing this, we base our educational programs upon methods of developing and utilizing this uniqueness. Aspire is designed to foster academic excellence through our core program and promote the exploration of the performing arts in our enrichment program.
Aspire's Building History
Aspire Middle School's building was originally built in 1989 on 9.8 acres, located at 5900 54th Avenue SE in Lacey. Significant upgrades, including roof and envelope in 2007 and interior finishes in 2009, were completed on the building that was used to house both Horizons Intermediate and South Sound High School. Aspire occupied the space and opened its doors in September 2009. Interior and major HVAC upgrades were completed in 2010. In 2011, energy-efficient lighting upgrades were completed utilizing state energy grant funds. The building's exterior was painted, and a new entrance area was constructed in 2020. In 2022, a new modular building was completed to replace the previous 6 portable classrooms and host the science and math classrooms.