Family & Youth Resource Center (FYR Center)
The NTPS Family & Youth Resource Center (FYRC or FYR Center) is a place for NTPS families & students in need to find help and other resources.
What we do
- Get access to community resources
- One-stop destination for services and supplies
- Provide hygiene supplies, laundry supplies, food, school supplies, and clothing
- Intakes for McKinney-Vento (those experiencing housing instability)
- Laundry and opportunities to meet with community service providers
- Resources for students currently in Foster Care
- Offices for our Social Emotional Learning Instructional Specialists that support SEL learning across the district
Some of our Community Resource Partners: Community Action Council, Community Youth Service, DSHS, Family Education Support Services, Family Support Center, SeaMar, and CIELO
School Year Resources
North Thurston Public Schools is committed to serving our district's families. Services are provided only for families with students actively enrolled in North Thurston Public Schools.
The FYR Center will follow the school calendar and is not open during school breaks or in cases of inclement weather-related building closures.
- Drop in times are Tuesdays: 1:00–3:00 pm and Wednesdays: 9:00– 11:00 am (waiting may occur without an appointment)
- Please contact 360-412-4484 or 360-412-4902 to schedule an appointment if you need an alternate time.
- Kids closet is located within the Family & Youth Resource Center at 200 Sleater Kinney Rd NE, Olympia WA 98506
- Food, Housing, Healthcare, Childcare & more: www.nthurston.k12.wa.us/communityresources (Traduce la página al español usando estas instrucciones.)
- Alimentos y otros recursos: Descargue una guía de recursos locales para familias necesitadas >>
Current Donation Needs
Donations are accepted Tuesdays from 7:30 am–9:30 am.
Please do not leave donation items outside while the FYR Center is closed. You may call 360-412-4484 to set up an appointment for an alternate donation time.
We kindly ask you to redirect food donations to our partner Lacey Food Pantry. We will continue to accept the following items:
Bold and starred items indicate our most urgent needs.
Due to our community’s generosity, the Kids Closet currently has an abundance of donated clothing and is only able to accept NEW clothing donations at this time.
- Size six (6) diapers***
- Baby wipes***
- Deodorant (men's & women's)
- Body wash (men's & women's)
- Dish soap
- Colored pencils
- 2-inch, 3-ring binders
Thank you for your continued support of NTPS!