Welcome to Envision Career Academy
Envision is one of two North Thurston Public School choice high schools. We opened in September 2020, and offer an innovative learning opportunity to students in our district who are looking for a unique high school experience that is real world, inquiry-based, highly collaborative among students and teachers, where the student voice is at the center of everything we do.
A Unique, Career Connected Learning Environment
The strength of ECA is its staff and the intentional cross-curricular, interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to planning, teaching, and learning. We create an environment where a positive relationship with every student is created. Each student is visible and known.
The responsibility for success is a two-way street. Every student who attends ECA has asked to be there -- they chose to attend. Because of that, every student is expected to attend and work toward their academic & career goals.
We offer five CTE pathways to graduation:
Follow each link below to visit the OSPI CTE website for more information on the program.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Business, Management & Administration
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
Our student-created Fyre Gryphon Code is EMBER!
Envision students are:
- Engaged: Positively participate in learning and discovery
- Mindful: Aware and reflective of words, actions, and choices
- Bold: Respectfully express true self and ideas
- Equitable: Celebrate and support fair treatment and opportunities
- Resilient: Adapt to change and learn from challenges
Academic Gap Goal
- During the 21-22 school year, 100% of our students will successfully complete their collaborative problem-based, Compassionate Community Projects in The Spirit of Giving Back.
Behavior Gap Goal
- During the 21-22 school year, we will focus on practices to maintain student in-class attendance and minimize classroom exclusions.
Download the whole School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2022
Envision Career Academy is a community of leaders and learners exploring career-focused experiences through problem-based, authentic, action-oriented projects that improve our school, community, and world.
Envision values the strong support of our families, alumni, and community. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, participating in events and field trips, helping in the classroom, and more.
ECA's building was constructed in 2007 on 4.4 acres.
It is located at 411 College Street NE in Lacey adjacent to the Gott Administrative Center (District Office). The pre-engineered metal building was designed, permitted, built, and occupied within a one-year timespan. This school was designed from the beginning to accomodate non-traditional programs, initially occupied by the credit-retrieval choice school South Sound High School.
The 18,448 square foot building, including 10 instructional spaces, was building utilizing mitigation funds.