New Student Registration for Elementary Schools
Welcome to NTPS, new students! Enrollment is not complicated but does involve a few steps. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Complete a Registration Packet:
- Bring the completed packet to your school office (with the required and/or optional documents below) to complete registration. All elementary school offices open August 21, 2023. Please bring completed packets to the Student Records Department at the NTPS Service Center during the summer. Hours: 7:30 am–3:00 pm Monday–Friday; except Wednesdays, open 7:30–5:00.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
Questions? Please contact your school.
Kindergarten cut-off date5 years old on or before August 31st makes your child eligible for fall Kindergarten. Learn more about Kindergarten at NTPS.
What about Preschool?
- We offer Preschool for Special Education students, and tuition-paying integrated students. The enrollment process for Preschool is different. Learn more about NTPS Preschool.
Five (5) Required Documents:
- Verification of student's name and age. NTPS will accept a variety of documents for this purpose, including:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Adoption Record
- Previously Verified School Record
- Affidavit from Parent
- Documentation of legal name change if different than the name on the above record.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider (included in the packet above) ;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
- Proof of residency One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (most recent report card for K-8) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)