New Student Registration for Elementary Schools
Welcome to NTPS new students! Enrollment is not complicated, but does involve a few steps. Please read the instructions carefully.
Registration takes place in 3 parts
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Pre-registration online through our registration gateway using the school you find above.
- Email required documents to email@example.com (1 email with all attachments preferred) or mail to the following address:
North Thurston Public Schools
6620 Carpenter Road SE
Lacey, WA 98503
- Although emailing required documents is preferred, you may drop off copies of all required documents to the Student Records office at the Service Center. See Student Records hours, directions, other summer information and COVID-19 restrictions >>
- Pre-registration online collects the state-mandated information about your student and will become part of their official record.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
- Submitting pre-registration information does not guarantee your student has met the requirements for admittance.
- If you do not have a computer with internet access, you may visit the Service Center during office hours to use a district-provided computer.
Kindergarten cut-off date5 years old on or before August 31st makes your child eligible for fall Kindergarten. Learn more about Kindergarten at NTPS.
What about Preschool?
- We offer Preschool for Special Education students, and tuition-paying integrated students. The enrollment process for Preschool is different. Learn more about NTPS Preschool.
Seven (7) Required Documents:
- Proof of name and age of student. (1) one of the following birth record documents:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Documentation of legal name change if different than name on the birth record above.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider;
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign up process.
- Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- NTPS Verification of Residency Statement (click link to download)
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
- Registration Gateway Signature Page (click link to download)
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (most recent report card for K-8) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)