How to Report an Absence
If your student is absent for any reason, please contact our office as soon as possible! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
360-412-4730If a student is planning to be gone more than 5 days for excused reasons, obtain a form from the office to have their teachers fill out that includes their missed homework for the time period.
Report an absence through Family Access
Log into Family Access. Contact your school's office if you do not know your username and/or password.
- If you have multiple students, click on the student you wish to report the absence at the top of the screen (the drop-down at the top if you're using the mobile app).
- Click on the Attendance tile
- Make sure you're on the Absence Requests (tabs are in the middle of the screen), click Add Absence Request at the very right, choose the appropriate reason, adding notes, and copying the request to multiple students, if needed.
- A message will be sent to your office with the information and will be pending until it has been processed.
Watch this video to see it in action!
Attendance Policy at Aspire
One of the most important factors in students being successful at school is attendance. It is hard for students to be successful academically if they are not consistently in their classes to learn. In order to make sure that students are attending school regularly, the State of Washington and OSPI require frequent communication with families regarding their student’s attendance. Below is a brief explanation of how we will be communicating with families around attendance.
- Students that have an attendance related-issue (absence or tardy) will receive an automated call in the afternoon that day.
- Students with 2 unexcused absences will be contacted by AMS Office staff to discuss your student’s attendance. Parents will have an opportunity to excuse absences at this time if they wish.
- Students with 2 unexcused absences will have a brief check-in with counselors to discuss what is impacting their attendance.
- Students with 5 unexcused absences will be contacted by AMS Office staff to schedule a meeting with Administration to discuss your student’s attendance and make a plan for any supports that might be needed to improve their attendance.
- Students may be referred to the NTPS Community Truancy Board if a student’s attendance does not improve and they need additional interventions beyond the plan developed at the school level.
- Letters will be sent home to families when unexcused absences reach 2, 5, 9, 12, and 20 days.
- Students with 12 unexcused absences will be called by AMS Office staff to schedule a meeting with Administration to review the plan developed at the 5 day meeting and determine if any additional supports are needed.
We want to ensure that all students at AMS have the supports needed to be successful and attend school regularly. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your student’s attendance please contact the main office at 360-412-4730.
NTPS Attendance Information
What is good attendance?
Why is good attendance important?
What happens if a student misses too much school?
What can the district do?
What can families do?
Need more information about attendance?