Why Does Family / Parent Involvement Matter?
Parents you can influence the success of your child by becoming an active participant in your child's school.
Communicate: Stay informed and respond promptly to all communications from the school or the school district.
Be an example: Show your child that education is important by reading, attending parent/teacher conferences, and attending open houses.
Volunteer: Volunteer at your child's school and help with extra-curricular activities. Participate in supporting parent involvement in activities at school.
Research tells us that students with involved parents are more likely to:
- Earn high grades and test scores
- Take more challenging classes
- Have better attendance
- Go on to community / technical college or university
Parent Involvement Policy
- We will hold an annual meeting with parents to review our policy.
- We will jointly develop our policy between teachers and parents.
- We will offer meetings, trainings, videos, materials, and events to meet parents needs in working with their children.
- We will provide books and activities for families to check out and use at home.
- We invite parent feedback regarding our school improvement plan.
- We provide parents with information on student progress and state standards.
- We offer curriculum and assessment information and training.
- We respond to parent concerns in a timely manner and offer parent opportunities to volunteer.
- Notification Letters
- Report Cards
- Progress Reports
- Parent Conferences
- Phone Calls
- Notes Home
- Website Updates
- Reader Board
- Fall Open House
- Community Access Nights
- Multicultural Night
- Dr. Suess Reading Night
- Breakfast Reading
- ELL Family Nights
- Science Fair
- Engineering Night